Donate Life Blood Drive, Marrow and Organ Donation Registry
Saturday, April 10, 2010
7 A.M. TO 1 P.M.
Marriott O’Hare, Nikko Room
8535 West Higgins Road
Chicago, IL 60631
At this drive:
- Olympic Snowboard Bronze Medalist, liver and blood recipient, Chris Klug will be dropping by to thank donors for their support
- You can win an iPod or an autographed copy of Chris Klug’s autobiography*
- Learn more about saving lives from Donate Life
- With a simple cheek swab, you can enter the Marrow Registry
- Free Parking for blood donors
More About Donate Life
- Celebrating Donate Life Month is a natural tie-in with LifeSource as nearly all organ transplants require the patient to receive blood transfusions.
- 25 lives can be saved or enhanced by one donor.
- More than 105,000 men, women and children currently await lifesaving organ transplants.
- An average of 18 people die each day due to the lack of available organs.
- Every 11 minutes a new name is added to the national transplant waiting list.
- Anyone can be a potential donor regardless of age, race or medical history.
- 1 in 20 people will need some type of medical transplant during a lifetime.
- Being a donor gives hope to thousands of people with organ failure and provides many others with active and renewed lives.
- There is no cost to the donor’s family or estate for organ and/or tissue donation.
- 90 percent of Americans say they support donation but only 30 percent know the essential steps to take to be a donor.
- To ensure your wishes to donate are honored, register your legal decision in the Illinois Organ/Tissue Donor Registry at www.DonateLifeIllinois.org. It is also recommended that you inform family members so they know what to expect.
*Rules for Donate Life Blood Drive random drawing
Promotion is for participating donors at the April 10, 2010, Donate Life Blood Drive at the Marriott O’Hare hotel. All participating blood donors at this drive are eligible to enter to win one of three autographed Chris Klug autobiographies or one iPod. One entry per person. Winners will be notified by telephone the week of April 12, 2010. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. ITxM employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Your odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law.