- Post a status that tags 5 of your friends and asks them to "like" the Donate Life Illinois page and to register as an organ/tissue donor at www.donatelifeillinois.org
- To tag friends in a status, type the "@" symbol and then your friends name. A drop down menu will appear and then you can select the friend you would like to tag.
- The fans you tag may not include current fans of the DLI page, so try to recruit your friends and family that are not already connected to DLI's page.
- IMPORTANT! You must tag DLI in your status update to be eligible. Type "@Donate Life Illinois"to do so.
- If you're a winner, we will message you and request your mailing address to receive the water bottle.
- What's in it for the new fans? We will also pick 5 NEW fans at random each month to win a DLI prize.
- Draft and share an encouraging message as to why others should register as an organ donor. You can call attention to the following facts:
- More than 4,700 Illinoisans are waiting for a transplant
- More than 107,000 people nationwide are on the transplant waiting list.
- Every 11 minutes, a new person is added to the national waiting list.
- An average of 18 people die each day while waiting.
- In 2008, more than 300 people registered for transplants in Illinois died while waiting.
- One donor can save or enhance the lives of more than 25 people.
As always, REGISTER TODAY as an organ/tissue donor. We look forward to seeing your status updates and tweets soon!