Niyale fell through a plate of glass. She was cut but conscious, and her father took her to the hospital.
Her parents didn't panic, because she seemed fine. But suddenly, her mother told ABC affiliate WLOS, things went very wrong.
A piece of glass pierced one of her heart valves and got stuck in her spine. She never regained consciousness after surgery, and after 11 days, her parents took her off life support and decided to donate their dead daughter's organs, a heartbreaking choice they never thought they would face.
Read more and watch telecast: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/nc-girls-parents-donate-organs-death/story?id=15010938#.Ts0SvWDA1RE