MyFoxDetroit | Maurielle Lue
"I go to her Facebook page everyday. There's not a day I don't miss my daughter, and I don't think that pain will ever, ever, ever go away," said Paul Taylor.
His daughter, Shelbi, was 16 years old when she slipped and fell in the bathroom. She went to the hospital, but for the next two weeks she complained of headaches and showed signs that something was wrong.
"It was a headache, burning smell. She would smell like chlorine bleach, like mom, why did you put so much chlorine in, and we weren't even washing any clothes. She had unbalance. She just had saliva just coming out of her mouth," said Janice Taylor, her mother.
Shelbi died just 19 days after her fall, but thanks to her parents bravery and a program called Gift of Life, she lives on.
The Taylors donated Shelby's heart, liver and kidneys and body tissue helping more than a hundred people.
FOX 2 was invited to join the Taylor family for their first reunion with the first responders who saved her life and gave her family those last 19 precious days.