Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Man in need of transplant keeps artificial heart in backpack

WWBT | Rachel DePompa

Many of you shared and commented on this viral Facebook post from a heart patient wanting to publicly thank a Richmond area family. That family had overhead a conversation at a West End restaurant and secretly bought the man and his wife dinner.

It was a simple act of kindness that touched so many hearts. But there's so much more to this story. We sat down with this husband and father about the rare disease he's battling.

Inside his backpack is Dan Chianfoni's heart, where it's pumping his blood.

“If this turns off, that's my heart turning off. It has to be on all the time,” said Dan.

It's keeping him alive.

“It's part of me. I can't wait to be able to stand up and not have to carry that around with me. I don't know what it's going to be like to not carry that around.” Continue reading

NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

 

No comments: