Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Minority Donation Awareness Week

My FOX Houston | John Donnelly

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Reginald King doesn't take anything for granted any more, not even the searing heat of a Houston afternoon. His mother died of Congestive Heart Failure in her 40's and his sister had a heart transplant because of it, and he'd been diagnosed with it, somehow he thought he'd be just fine.

"I never drank. I never smoked. I always worked out because of my family history. So I'm doing all these things and I'm in pretty good shape." he said.

He was wrong. It got worse and worse. Eventually he was close to death and needed a transplant.

On Valentine's Day a few years back a Dallas-area teenager named Ian Heideman was in a fatal wreck. Reginald would get his heart. Ian saved a number of lives that day. Reginald was extra lucky. Continue reading

FOX 26 News | MyFoxHouston


No comments: