Monday, August 17, 2015

Resident an inspiration for those with cystic fibrosis

Sun-Sentinel | Maddy Mesa

Front row, from left, Kimberly Sundook, Tiffany Rodriguez, Bernadette Ray, and Amy Bernard. Back row, from left, Michael Riordan, Ashley Quinones, Colette Beland, Brooke Raich, Jim Springer, Hilary Effren, Tiffany Riordan, and Bob Goldfarb make up this year's com

On Oct. 10, the Florida Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will have its 19th annual Arthur's Jam Fundraiser with a "Miami Vice" theme at the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington.

Among those helping to raise awareness and funds will be CF ambassador Ashley Quiñones.

"It's important for me to meet everyone, and if anyone has any questions about the event and future involvement, that I'm someone they can ask," she said. "I will also give a speech about my story, about my involvement with the foundation, the impact it has had on my life and the importance of the funds being raised."

Quiñones, 34, has lived with the disease privately, while taking each day at a time even through a double lung transplant.

"I understand the fear and fighting things, but at the same time keep the faith, it does get better," Quiñones said. "Now we have new medicine, and the foundation has helped these medicines come into play for us." Continue reading


No comments: