Sunday, September 13, 2015

Doctors, families of donors meet those they helped save at event celebrating Hospitals 50th Anniversary

FOX 13 Now

SALT LAKE CITY -- It was a celebration of renewed life at Heritage Park Wednesday evening. Dozens of families who have received organ donations at University Hospital had the chance to meet the donor families and doctors who helped save their lives, and it was all part of University Hospital's 50th anniversary.

"I thought I was dead, there was no coming back from where I was," said former patient Nathan Sterner.

It turns out Sterner is still very much alive, and he gives Dr. Robin Kim all the credit.

"Being able to see the man who saved my life is unbelievable, it's tear jerking for me because I didn't think I would ever see my family again," Sterner said.

Sterner is successfully recovering from a kidney transplant. He was one of a record 200 people to receive transplants at University Hospital in 2014. On Wednesday, some of them saw their doctors for the first time since surgery. Continue reading VIDEO.


No comments: