Wednesday, September 16, 2015

‘If I could save her life, I'd do it in a heartbeat'

The Hamilton Spector | Carmela Fragomeni
CASSY Gary Yokoyama,The Hamilton Spectator
Cassy St. Pierre hooks up to her dialysis machine in her bedroom. The 29-year-old long-term care nurse does her own dialysis at home every day.

Strangers coming forward as potential organ donors for local woman

Dionne Alexander isn't sure she can save Cassy St. Pierre's life, but she's willing to try.

She is one of numerous strangers who offered to be tested as a potential organ donor after learning about the Hamilton dialysis patient's plight in The Spectator.

Cassy, 29, is in desperate need of a kidney from a stranger, after all of her family and friends were ruled out as good matches. Her body could fail at any time.

Alexander, 49, said Cassy's situation made her cry and said she can't imagine not trying to help.

She has a daughter Cassy's age.

"I would certainly hope if I was in the same situation with my daughter, that someone would help."

After all, Alexander has two kidneys but only needs one, she says. "If I could save her life, I'd do it in a heartbeat." Continue reading

You have the power to SAVE Lives
We are asking you to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
...Please, it is important to share your deccison with your family.

No comments: