Tuesday, October 13, 2015

KIDNEY DONOR, RECIPIENT MEET FOR 1ST TIME AT CEDARS-SINAI MEDICAL CENTER

ABC 7 News Los Angeles | Denise Dador


LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There was an emotional reunion this week as one man met the person responsible for a lifesaving gift.

Exactly a year ago Thursday, 49-year-old Juan Morales received a lifesaving kidney donation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. On Thursday, he finally met Mark Dondick, the man who gave him this altruistic gift.

"His kindness benefited me, so I don't have a lot of words for him but thank you very much," said Morales.

"I didn't realize he's younger than me," said Dondick. "I think he looks better than me. I think he looks healthier than me."

Dondick is what doctors call a good Samaritan donor. He made his kidney available to anyone who needed it.

"Altruistic or what I call good Samaritan donors are very important, and certainly we feel like it helps so many people," said Dr. Stanley Jordan.

Dondick, a Harbor City executive who works at Honda, is a pretty analytical guy who logically thought I have two kidneys, it would be a shame to waste one. Continue reading

_________________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE Lives
We are asking you to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Nationwide:
...Please, it is important to share your deccison with your family.

No comments: