Thursday, October 15, 2015

Mother meets parents of the 12-year-old donor who saved her life

Daily Mail | Jo Rhodes

Gemma Sturge, 30, from King's Lynn, Norfolk, was born with only one kidney and was on the brink of death before she had her transplant. Pictured with her husband Gary, 30, and there two-year-old son Harley

A woman who was able to have her dream family thanks to a life-saving organ donation has met the family of the little girl who saved her life.

Gemma Sturge, 30, from King's Lynn, Norfolk, was on the brink of death before she had her transplant and was devastated at the thought she would never have her own children.

But when little Ashni Parmar tragically died at just 12 years old, her parents made the courageous decision to donate their daughter's organs to those in desperate need of a transplant.

It caused a lot of scarring and infections, and as I got older I had chronic renal failure. I was in and out of hospital my whole childhood.

'I desperately needed a transplant - I would have died if I didn't get one.

'My kidney function just wasn't going to last through my twenties. When my kidney function was at eight per cent they put me on the transplant list - none of my family were matches. Continue reading

 

No comments: