Tuesday, October 6, 2015

NC girl’s heart saves life of 17-year-old Florida teen

WNCN | Molly Grantham

BELMONT, N.C. (WBTV) – The heart of 15-year-old Destiny Stafford from Gaston County is now beating in a 17-year-old boy in Florida.

Destiny, a cheerleader and dancer at Stuart Cramer High School in Belmont, died over the summer when a horse kicked her in the head. Her mom, Kelly, donated most of her daughter’s organs.

Kelly Stafford now says that she found out about the boy who received her daughter’s heart when his family reached out to her on Facebook.

“I noticed a friend request and we had no friends in common,” Kelly said. “Normally I would just delete that but for some reason I decided to look at the page. First thing I saw was a post about how it had been two months since their son’s heart transplant… and I just knew.” Continue reading

No comments: