Saturday, November 21, 2015

Teen transplant recipient awed by gift

Yahoo 7 News | Margaret Scheikowski

If teenager Jesse Steel could have met his kidney transplant donor, he wouldn't have said much.

I would have tears in my eyes and a lump in the back of my throat," he says.

"I would probably just say a big thank you and give a big hug."

The 17-year-old, from Redland Bay in Queensland, was speaking to AAP ahead of DonateLife Thank You Day on Sunday.

"(It's) a day for all Australians to reflect on the gift of organ and tissue donation and to simply say thanks to living and deceased donors and their families," says Rural Health Minister Fiona Nash.

Jesse, who on Friday graduated from high school, was just 13 when diagnosed with kidney failure.

"The only thing we could tell was that my skin colour went a bit grey, I was lethargic and had no energy at all." Continue Reading


No comments: