Tuesday, December 15, 2015

MOM’S DEATH, ORGAN DONATION TURNS INTO HOLIDAY BLESSING FOR MANY

WWAY | Helen Holt

Wilmington mother speaks out about her daughter's organ donations. (Photo: Helen Holt/WWAY)

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) –The loss of a loved one is never easy and one Wilmington mom was faced with that over the weekend, but she has found the good in a very sad situation.

Mother Carol Williams says her daughter, Melissa, recently died. Williams was then forced to make a decision to donate her organs.

Melissa’s father, my husband, just passed around less than six months ago and so we have had the talk,” Williams said. “We had all talked before about when and what to do if something were to happen. I knew what exactly my husband wanted of me and I knew what she wanted.”

Melissa wanted to be an organ donor. Continue reading

 

No comments: