Sunday, May 15, 2016

Orting woman fighting for her life urges organ donation Orting woman hopes for more organ donors

KING 5 | Alex Rozier

ORTING, Wash. -- An Orting woman is hoping for a life-saving operation as she awaits a double lung transplant.

Sarah Perez is a 37-year-old wife and mother of two and has now been on the wait list for two years. Perez was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at 23 and, at that time, doctors gave her a very uncertain timeline for the rest of her life.

“The doctor is like, 'You can’t have kids. You’re going to die early. The average age is 37. He (her husband) will have to take care of you.' All these different things,” Perez said. “I’m a very positive person. I know where my faith stands so I was like ‘we’ll see.'”

She already has defied the odds, but now she is hoping for a life-changing transplant. Perez is on the wait list at the University of Washington Medical Center and spends her days struggling to breathe as she awaits a donor who is a match.

“I feel like I’m running a marathon while breathing through straws,” Perez said. Continue, reading

No comments: