Thursday, June 9, 2016

Gift of life gives Coopersburg man new path to walk


COOPERSBURG, Pa. - Brian Zionts-Bernstein has always loved walks. For years, he took one every day.

But sometimes the path you're on, takes a sharp turn.

"In 2007," Brian begins, "I was diagnosed with a lung disease: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis."

The cause is unknown, and life expectancy for most patients is less than 5 years.

"{My wife} Kym and I struggled with what do to in regards to our son. He was 11-years-old,"

Brian says. "As much as I didn't want to see my husband hurt, you know, as a mother you feel for your child, and so I felt that I wanted our son to be able to have a childhood," wife Kym says.

"We wanted him to live his life and not worry about Dad," Brian adds. So they did. They went on vacations, and spent as much time together as they could. VIDEO, Continue reading
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Organ Donor | Donate Life America ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.

No comments: