Sunday, July 17, 2016

'This is the moment I heard my dead daughter Jade's heart beating again in the girl she saved'

Debbie with her daughter Jade, who died aged seven
MIRROR | Emma Pietras

Debbie Stoner put her ear to the girl’s chest and listened to the comforting rhythm of a heart beating. For the first time in 10 years, she was hearing the heartbeat of her daughter Jade, who was killed in a car crash aged seven.

When Debbie, 45, made the brave ­decision to donate Jade’s organs, she hoped it would save another young life. But she never imagined she’d get the chance to hear her dead daughter’s heart again – beating inside the chest of another child.

She says: “When I listened, I thought about Jade and how much I miss her. The first time I’d heard Jade’s heart beating was when I was pregnant with her at my ultrasound scan and it sounded just as strong.

“It’s really hard to explain my feelings. I knew her heart was no longer Jade’s because she’s no longer here but it was a part of her. It gave me goosebumps. I was crying but they weren’t tears of sadness. Although I lost the most precious thing in my life she is continuing to live on, in a way.” Continue reading

You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Organ Donor | Donate Life America ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.

No comments: