Sunday, August 21, 2016

Why I Walk - Christine Stolzenburg

Jeff Stolzenburg 
Unyts | Christine Stolzenburg
My dad, Jeff Stolzenburg, passed away in January 1998 at the age of 39. My sisters and I were young at the time – I was 9, and my sisters Amanda and Cassondra were 6 and 4 years old. My dad suffered from kidney disease for as long as I can remember. In 1991, both of his kidneys failed and he received a kidney from a living donor – his brother (my uncle) Larry Stolzenburg. Without that life-saving transplant, I’d have very few, if any, memories of my dad.

The kidney transplant was successful and gave us another 7 years with him. In 1997 he became sick again, this time with a virus that he didn’t have a strong enough immune system to fight. My mom – Shawna Stolzenburg – is one of the strongest people I know. To go through that difficult loss at such a young age while taking care of my sisters and I who were all under the age of 10 – she’s amazing! Continue reading
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Organ Donor | Donate Life America ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.

No comments: