Friday, September 2, 2016

J.J. Watt's biggest fan gets a heart transplant

J.J. Watt and 8 year-old Jeston
KHOU | Marcelino Benito

The pictures tell the story of a friendship that's fueled a little boy's fight to live.

"When I heard I was going to meet J.J. (Watt), I cried," said 8-year-old Jeston. "I met him that day and I was like, ‘How is he going to look, is he that tall?’ He told me he was 6-foot-6 and I said, ‘You got to be kidding me.’"

Jeston moved to Houston with his mom Danielle in January searching for a new heart.

"We took it one step, one day at a time," said Danielle.

He relied on a backpack to keep his heart pumping and a bond with No. 99 to give him hope.

"Big brother, little brother, like that," said Jeston.

Just a few weeks ago, Jeston and J.J. spent time together at training camp, still no heart and still wearing that backpack. But a few days after playing catch with J.J., the phone rang. Continue reading

_______________________________________________________________________
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Nationwide:
Organ Donor | Donate Life America

...to ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.

No comments: