Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sam Wyche awaiting heart transplant

ESPN | Katherine Terrell

Former Cincinnati Bengals coach Sam Wyche is in a North Carolina hospital as he seeks a heart transplant, the 71-year-old wrote on his website.

"I am in Carolinas Medical Center's Dickson Heart Unit in Charlotte, NC awaiting donor heart transplant," Wyche wrote. "If there is no match for a donor heart in the next few days, I will need to have an LVAD [Left Ventricular Assist Device, an artificial heart pump] implanted below my heart until a donor heart can be obtained. I have outstanding Sanger Clinic physicians and hospital staff taking care of me." Continue reading
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Organ Donor | Donate Life America ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.

No comments: