Gratitude for gift of life; High marks for transplants done, organ donors registered

THE CHRONICLE JOURNAL | Matt Vis

Garry Cooper

Twenty years ago, Gary Cooper never thought he would be in a position where he would need an organ donation.

But due to a condition that has attacked his liver, Cooper has been on the receiving end of a pair donations over the past two decades.

Cooper said he was “blessed” to have received two transplants.

“I also have to make sure people understand that as grateful as I am, I have never forgotten my two donors,” Cooper said.

“Never. And on my birth dates when my transplants took place, they are certainly foremost on my mind, those families. I know it must have been a tragedy for them to go through to have lost a loved one. But yet they were brave enough to go along with the wishes of their loved one as they passed on.” Continue reading
_________________________________________________________
You have the power to SAVE Lives
We are asking you to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Nationwide:
To ensure donation happens, please share your decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you wish to leave.

Comments