Aston Villa fan headed straight for Villa Park after life-saving op and is now aiming for sporting glory

BIRMINGHAM MAIL | Steve Wollaston
Daniel Richardson

Aston Villa fan Daniel Richardson is aiming for sporting glory - less than a year after a life-saving Kidney operation.

The claret and blue fanatic, 41, is heading for the Westfield Health British Transplant Games in Motherwell, Scotland, less than a year after the operation.

This is a man who is very motivated though, the first thing he did after recovering from his operation was to head straight to Villa Park!

He told us: “I still had a virus I had contracted from my kidney donor and probably shouldn’t have gone, it was actually the furthest I‘d manage to walk in years. But I just wanted to go to a game.

“It was on Valentine’s Day, February 14, and we lost 1-3 but it was still a magic feeling being able to go and watch Villa play. I’d dreamt of going to games for so long.

“Growing up in North Wales most people supported United, Liverpool or Everton but my dad used to take me to see Villa play. Continue reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Nationwide:     Organ Donor | Donate Life America
Social Media Declaration: #organdonor #IamADonor

Be sure to share your decision with your family to ensure your generous gift is honored,  At risk is the legacy you wish to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments