Donate Life Flag Raising Brings Awareness to Need for Organ Donors

WDIO |Taylor Holt
David Stromgren says the day he received his cornea transplant changed his life.

"I received a cornea transplant back in 2001," said Stromgren."I'm one of the few people that can say their vision is better now at the age of 67 than they were as a kid."

He was one of dozens touched by organ donations that attended Essentia's "Donate Life" flag raising ceremony on Wednesday.

"I had a major heart attack on the first of December in 2001," said Tom Saburn, a volunteer with Donate Life."They (Doctors) told me I never should have got up off the floor."

Three years later, Saburn was given a second chance at life.

"They (Doctors) called me and said they had a heart for me so I took a trip down there and received a 24-year old heart at my age of 60. It was a wonderful thing," Saburn added. Continue reading

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Nationwide:     Organ Donor | Donate Life America
Social Media Declaration: #organdonor #IamADonor

Be sure to share your decision with your family to ensure your generous gift is honored,  At risk is the legacy you wish to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Comments