GREEK AMERICAN EMBRACES LIFE AS HE WAITS FOR A DONOR

HELLENIC BEWS | David Bjorkgren

“I am like a sling-shot, pulled way back and just waiting to be hurled back into my life doing the things I used to do before I began dialysis.”

So begins a Facebook post for Tommy Kontis, a Greek American who is reaching out in the hope of finding a kidney donor through his Find a Kidney Donor campaign.

Kontis has been on the national tissue and organ registry for nearly four years (May 29, 2017 marks the fourth year anniversary).

The 51-year-old is married with a 13-year-old son, adding poignancy and urgency to his situation.

“The best thing about this moment in my life is that I have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home dad to my only son. He’s 13 years old and probably lends more help to me in my condition than I do to him, but he and my wife are my heartbeats and the finest treasures I have in the world,” Kontis writes on his Facebook page. “My wife is a strong person to whom I wanted to give a rosy life. She instead accepted my rose graciously even with the thorns that came with it and somehow helped make an incredibly beautiful life for me and our son.” Continue reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Nationwide:     Organ Donor | Donate Life America
Social Media Declaration: #organdonor #IamADonor

Be sure to share your decision with your family to ensure your generous gift is honored,  At risk is the legacy you wish to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments