Homicide victims rarely become organ donors. Scott Morin was one of the few.

RTV6 THE INDY CHANNEL | Jordan Fischer
Scott Morin, with Bailey.
Bonnie Morin remembers everything about the day her son died.

She was making pork chops. Her son, 24-year-old Scott Morin, was pacing around the house. Her daughter, Sarah, 27, was upstairs. Scott walked into the garage. Then, Morin heard a bang.

"I heard a noise… I'd never heard a gunshot," she said. "I wouldn't know a gunshot, even today, if I heard it."

Morin thought one of her children had dropped something on her new kitchen floors. She opened the door to the garage to see if it was her son.

"When I opened the garage and saw Scott there bleeding, it was a very surreal moment for me. Very surreal," Morin said. "But I did save his life for a while.


"They ask you what you saw. I didn't see anything. I saw my son. That's all I saw."

What Morin saw was Scott lying on the floor of the garage, bleeding from a gunshot to his neck. Other witnesses saw the shooter fleeing the scene. Morin says she only saw her son. Continue reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Nationwide:     Organ Donor | Donate Life America
Social Media Declaration: #organdonor #IamADonor

Be sure to share your decision with your family to ensure your generous gift is honored,  At risk is the legacy you wish to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Comments