How one gift changed this young woman's life.

SUNSHINE COAST DAILY | Melanie Keyte
NEW LIFE: Renee Falconer nine days after her surgery, with a pillow she'd made and asked the hospital staff to sign.
RENEE Falconer describes herself as a "shell of a person” before her surgery.

At 25 years old, she was sleeping 18 hours a day, required rests after showering and dependant on others for the simplest tasks.

"There were times I didn't want to be here,” she said.

"Using a shower chair, I felt like I was 90 years old.”

The Birtinya woman was born with cystic fibrosis which caused her lungs to degenerate.

She received a double lung transplant in 2015 and said it has been "amazing”.

"Breathing is so easy,” she said.

"What I'd thought was a normal person's capacity to breathe (before the surgery) wasn't right.

"Now I'm able to do things I never thought I would be able to and my body doesn't get tired just from breathing.” Continue reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Nationwide:     Organ Donor | Donate Life America
Social Media Declaration: #organdonor #IamADonor

Be sure to share your decision with your family to ensure your generous gift is honored,  At risk is the legacy you wish to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments