Mets Legend Eddie Kranepool makes pitch to increase organ donors

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS | Micah Denny, Larry McShane

I’m looking for an angel,” said Eddie Kranepool. “This is something I can’t do alone.” (JEFFERSON SIEGEL/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)
Eddie Kranepool, one of the original 1962 Mets, led an all-star lineup Friday in making a pitch for more New Yorkers to become organ, eye and tissue donors.

“You want to think about it when you’re alive and thinking positively about helping people,” said Kranepool, who is awaiting his own kidney transplant.

“I’m looking for an angel,” said Kranepool. “This is something I can’t do alone.”

His call was echoed by Lauren Shields, a 17-year-old who received a life-saving heart transplant back in 2009.

“I had an angel that was willing to give me the gift of life,” said Shields. “There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about the angel that saved my life.”

Helen Irving, President and CEO of the non-profit organ procurement group LiveOnNY, said the New York wait list for organ/tissue donation typically runs to 10,000 people. Continue reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Nationwide:     Organ Donor | Donate Life America
Social Media Declaration: #organdonor #IamADonor

Be sure to share your decision with your family to ensure your generous gift is honored,  At risk is the legacy you wish to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments