'Because it's Freddie': Coworker to donate kidney as living donor this summer

IDAHO PRESS TRIBUNE | Alex George
NAMPA — Tia Hess never thought she’d give up her kidney.

But when her co-worker Freddie Hale got really sick and needed a kidney, she signed up to see if she was a good match to donate.

Last fall, Hess found out through Hale’s fiancée that Hess could apply to be a live donor. Hale had waited three years to find a donor.

“Then came my miracle,” Hale said. Hale could receive one of Hess’ kidneys.

“I prayed all winter,” Hess said. “Now, I have no reservations. There’s a peace … I can do this. I’m going to do this … ”

She had to pause.

“Because it’s Freddie.”

I’VE GOT A SPARE, SO I’LL SHARE’

Hale and Hess work together at Lowe’s in Nampa. Hale is undergoing dialysis four hours per day three days per week but still works. Continue reading 
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments