‘I’m not a person who wants to die yet’: GTA man makes appeal to find living liver donor

GLOBAL NEWS Ca | Erica Vella
Arch Walsh is on the waitlist for a liver transplant and has been sitting next to his phone for the past 11 months waiting for a phone call from Toronto General Hospital.

Walsh was diagnosed with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis in January 2016 and his doctors said he had just months live unless he found an organ donor.

“The diagnosis was not good. I was told to get my papers in order and to make preparations,” Walsh said.

“All my life I have been in control but in this particular case, I was out of control and I felt a lot of sorrow for those people around me – my son [and] my wife – my life was going to be cut short very quickly.”

Walsh’s son, Doug, said this isn’t the first time his family has been faced with the organ donation waiting list.

“My mother also passed away who required a double lung transplant,” Doug said. Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments