Organ recipients with same donor meet, 23 years after transplants

FOX 25 BOSTON
WALTHAM, Mass. - Twenty-three years after receiving life-saving gifts from the same donor, two organ recipients met for the first time at the New England Donor Services Center.

“I'm just a very, very lucky guy - I'm alive I've seen my grandchild born, my grandson, I've seen my daughter grow up. And I think organ donation is a wonderful thing,” said organ recipient, Allan Afrow.

Allan Afrow of Lynnfield received a kidney and Suzi Holmes of Waltham received a liver from a 21-year-old man.

“My platelet count was really low - they were going to hospitalize me,” said Holmes. “So I was really dying and that Saturday morning I woke up, my beeper was going off and the doctor on the phone said "How would you like to get a new liver today?” Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments