"Celebration of Life" for 10-year-old killed by his father in a murder-suicide

WDAM | Melissa Egan
Zackery Sandifer. Source: WDAM
PRENTISS, MS (WDAM) - Family, friends and classmates joined together at J.E. Johnson Elementary School Saturday to celebrate the life of 10-year-old Zackery Lee Harvey Sandifer.

Sandifer was shot by his father, Lee Sandifer, while sleeping on a couch around 3 a.m. on May 31st. His father then went on to fire two shots at his mother, Christine Lewis, before taking his own life. A bullet grazed Lewis' head, where there are 10 stitches. Today, she shared her story of the heartbreaking incident.

"I never expected it, it just came as a shock," Lewis said about the shooting. "I knew me and his dad had been having issues, but I never thought anything like this would happen."

Lewis said Sandifer shot Zackery in the head and then moved through the home to find her."I played dead, because I knew he was going to try and shoot me again," Lewis said. "He wanted to kill me. He was out to kill his son, he wanted to kill me and then take his own life."Lewis said she immediately ran to Zack on the couch and put a shirt on his head where the wound was. She said he was still breathing as her other son called 911. Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments