Former Colt Orlando Lowry gains perspective, appreciation following life-saving kidney transplant

CBS 4 INDY | Larry Overton

As a high school coach, former Colts linebacker Orlando Lowry thrives on giving back.

Orlando’s focus on giving is even stronger now, just a year after receiving the greatest gift he could imagine.

“Every day I wake up and I can be outside and coach my football players and my track athletes, it’s such a blessing,” Orlando said while sitting inside St. Vincent Hospital after meeting with Dr. Islam Ghoneim.

Orlando has a renewed lease on life thanks to his wife, Penny, whose kidney now lives inside him.

“Every day I wake up, I’m just thankful to be here and I’m here because of my wife,” Orlando said. Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments