Heart transplant patient now on mission to encourage others to sign up for organ donation

FOX BALTIMORE | Kathleen Cairns

BALTIMORE (WBFF) -- He’s soft spoken, but has a strong message he hopes everyone hears loud and clear. “ I probably could have died. I needed it. It was an end stage disease" Josh Cobo explained.

Josh had trouble with his heart since he was a child. It reached a crucial stage when he turned 18.

Doctors told his parents he only had a one percent chance for survival without a heart transplant. "When I would play basketball with my friends they could run up and down the court multiple times and be perfectly fine and I would run once and I couldn't breathe and I didn't know why", he explained.

After being on the waiting list for 6 months, the phone call finally came on March 10th 2013. Continue reading

__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments