Transplant patient in medal glory bid

WIGAN TODAY
Paul Reynolds (left)
A Wigan man whose life was saved by a kidney donation from his sister is in Spain this week representing his country in the World Transplant Games.

Wigan Life Centre and Robin Park Leisure Centre member Paul Reynolds is competing in the prestigious international event in both badminton and 10-pin bowling.

The 43-year-old from Goose Green is hoping for further success in Malaga just two years after he captured a silver medal in the 10-pin bowling doubles in Argentina.

Six years ago Paul suffered kidney failure and had a life-saving transplant thanks to his eldest sister Catherine, who will be travelling to support him in Spain.

He said: “In 2011, aged 37, I was diagnosed with an immune system condition called IgA nephropathy following kidney failure. In the following March of 2012 my sister Catherine saved my life when she donated a kidney for my transplant.

“Shortly after my initial recovery period I was referred to Wigan Life Centre by my doctor as part of the rehabilitation process and I’ve been using the centre, along with Robin Park, ever since. Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments