9-Year-Old Kidney Transplant Survivor Angelica Hale Brought The House Down On America’s Got Talent

WOMEN YOU SHOULD KNOW

Meet Angelica Hale, a 9-year-old singer who brought the house down on America’s Got Talent last night. While Angelica’s powerful voice captured our attention, it was her story of survival that captured our hearts.

Angelica started singing at just 2 years old, mimicking what she would hear on the radio. It was clear from the beginning that she had an incredible talent. She kept at it until the age of 4, when she suddenly contracted an aggressive strep infection in her throat and lungs, which landed her in the hospital.

Angelica spent months in the hospital and the infection led to some very serious medical complications that resulted in kidney failure and her needing a new kidney. While she was still in kidney failure and waiting to see if any of her family members would be a match for an organ donation, Angelica just wanted sing. To keep her spirits up, at the age of 5, Angelica’s parents enrolled her in voice lessons.

“A few months after I started my lessons, I performed for the first time on stage in front of a crowd of a couple hundred people,” Angelica explains. “This was my first competition. I was very nervous, but I ended up winning for my age group of 5-9 year olds! Little did I know that this would be the foundation that I would build my singing career on.” Continue reading


__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments