Organ donation changed Renee's life

SUNSHINE COAST DAILY | Jorgia White
FOREVER GRATEFUL: Renee Falconer and her husband at their wedding.
FOR Renee Falconer, organ donation has been her saving grace.

The 25-year-old was born with cystic fibrosis and required a double lung transplant in her early 20s.

"I was diagnosed at 11 days old,” she said.

"Mum and Dad took care of me and did everything the doctors wanted.

"Because of that I was able to lead a pretty normal life as a young kid.”

After high school, Ms Falconer went on to complete a bachelor's degree and marry the love of her life.

"At 22 years of age I started to notice that things needed to happen and my health was starting to decline,” she said.

"In December 2015, I was listed and I received lungs by the end of the year.”

Ms Falconer said she was absolutely one of the lucky ones, describing the transplant as "amazing”.

"I wasn't able to walk the length of my home or shower myself,” she said.

"I had no independence to do anything.

"I was needing full-time care at 25 which was hard mentally.” Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments