Woman’s simple mistake while battling illness leads to liver failure

WGNO | Matt Callahan

CLEVELAND – Stephanie Soriano took over-the-counter medication while fighting the flu in January.

The busy mom wanted to knock out the illness so she could keep going.

“I was taking Tylenol during the day (and) towards the evening as well. At nighttime, so I could sleep, I took NyQuil," Soriano told WJW. "Then, I would wake up around 2 to 3 in the morning and take Theraflu as well."

Although everything she took would work on cold symptoms, they all had one common ingredient: acetaminophen.

After several days of taking over-the-counter remedies to get rid of the flu, Stephanie began to feel worse.

“I was coming in and out of consciousness; I wanted water badly," Stephanie said.

Doctors say Stephanie had unknowingly poisoned her liver with acetaminophen. Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments