LEAMINGTON COURIER, UK
During her life fun-loving Kelly Ashton from Warwick worked to help others as a psychiatric nurse - and when she died unexpectedly she became a lifesaver once again.
- A baby boy received a liver transplant.
- A boy in his late teens received a liver transplant.
- A lady in her 50s received a kidney after having waited for more than four years.
- A man in his 20s received a kidney transplant after having waited a year.
- A man in his 50s received a pancreas, small bowel, abdominal wall, colon and stomach transplants.
Ann also agreed to the donation of Kelly’s heart tissue, eye tissue, bone, tendons and femoral arteries which can be stored for a period of time before being matched and allocated to suitable recipients in need. Continue reading