How you can help thousands of Americans in need of a kidney or liver

WOBM | Vin Ebinau
Birmingham Hospital Conducts Kidney Transplant (Christopher Furlong, Getty Images)
Yesterday we told you the great need for organ donations in New Jersey and across the country. In part-two of our three-part series on its importance we find out why people are hesitant to donate their organs.

President of the New Jersey Sharing Network Joe Roth says while many people may want to donate, they fear that once they register, they’re signing their life away.

“I’ve had highly educated people tell me that, ‘oh I support organ donation but I wouldn’t sign up on the registry because I’m superstitious…I believe that a truck will hit me as soon as I sign up for it’,” said Roth.

“95% of Americans are in favor of being a donor but only 54% are registered,” — Donate Life America.
He says the bottomline is that everyone of all races and religions may one day be in need of an organ transplant. Continue reading
__________________________________________________

You have the power to SAVE lives.  Register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor
Go to: RegisterMe.org   |   Social Media Declaration: #OrganDonor
To ensure your gift is honored, share your donation wishes with family and friends
__________________________________________________

Comments